Wednesday, May 30, 2007

For Love, Anything Is Possible.

My weary eyes scan my surrounding,
My mother’s words in my head keep sounding.
On the bench in the park I sit and wonder,
About all the things I’ve done I ponder.
Anytime I knew my body would give way,
At least this was not happening during the day.
With half open eyes I look around for a place to sleep,
I would fall at any time, my eyes as red as ever and deep.
I took a last look at my injected hand,
And fell in the play park on the sand.
With no idea what happened the night before,
Like a dead fish from the sea coming ashore,
I widen my eyes and realize it was still dawn,
Having lost all independence for balance I stagger to a nearby lawn.
Hoping to receive help from a Good Samaritan,
My face all doped and wrinkled I wondered if I would even get help from a Martian.
Seeing that the lawn did not belong to me,
Towards my house I had to go, if that the direction be.
My hair was unkempt and my hand was injected,
Weed and crystal meth from my pocket projected.
Hurriedly I stuffed it in and looked around,
Only to see something run towards me, my hound.
Pluto leaped onto me and licked me,
I hope this love between boy and dog would forever be.
Pluto and I wended our way home,
Because of aches and pains it seemed as far as Lome.
As we reached home, I could see mom on the doorstep weeping,
Reasons to where I was the night before into me started creeping.
But I couldn’t lie to such an angelic face,
At dancing and laughing she was an ace.
But as I now looked at her,
I realized how to her I was so dear.
She mean’s the world to me and looking at her in this state,
Made me think of the days of how she used to be so elate.
My dad was dead and she was left all alone to take care of me,
And all the bad things that I have done suddenly I see.
I stop walking and breakdown,
A deep sense of regret and remorse made gown,
I now wear only to realize my fault,
Her voice barricaded by my heart that was locked in a vault,
To only which I had the key,
Forever happy and peaceful I desire to be.
She sees me and runs towards me with her hands wide open,
I run towards her and in a moment’s time around me her hands are woven.
My red eyes onto her pure clothing tears,
Her tears gradually dissolved my fears.
I realized my mistakes,
All the problems and stakes,
I was ready for a change, but would be tough,
It was tough never to again bluff.
But for mom I would do anything,
All those tears and fears still ring.
Her pure heart and red eyes sank into mine,
Her pursed lips started to smile and her face began to shine.
She knew I was ready for a new me,
She was ready to help me make me who I am supposed to be.
Crystal meth and cocaine, to hell with it,
Because it destroyed out relationship to bits.
As we both walked into our home,
The place of insecurity and fear shaped dome,
Everything was going to transform!
As she put her arm around me,
She smiled, I could see.
With hope for a new beginning I walked in,
A clean heart, unready to indulge in sin.

2 comments:

Slim said...

Nell... is this a poem blog or something???? Don't get me wrong, this is good. You just need to post often and publicize your blog. It is a good creative outlet.

Unknown said...

nice but you think to deep keep ashore you do much better
not to say your bad i liked it your version off your dream or thought if anything bad happened to you your ending would be something like this